Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Goreshade the Illegitimate Child

Progress Report:

Bane Knight Holes drilled: 25/70

The Bane Knights need a lot of pinning - each one is eight pieces. That's a lot of pieces that can break off during game-play... or even while just painting them. In order to reinforce them, I need to pin on each arm (2 holes per arm) and each shied (another 2 holes). because I like to use custom bases (of my own construction), I need to file off the slot-tab and then insert a length of rod to pin the model to the base. That's a lot of holes. I'd have to say that the Bane Knights are the unit that requires the most preparation work that I've done so far. They're not particularly complicated, they just have way to many pieces.

The Deathjack, on the other hand, was both complicated and part-y. Somewhere around 31 bits once everything was cut off of the sprues. It also needed a fair bit of greenstuff - mostly to fill in a gap in its torso for pinning purposes.


The Deathjack is almost ready to go. Just a few more parts to paint up (the hands) and then attach and I've got 154 points of unstoppable killing machine done. He's already based since I had to do so in order to get his legs assembled.

An Army List

Since the Deneghra list is done, I've begun work on the next list based project:

Army: goreshade project
Faction: Cryx
Army Points: 498/500
Victory Points: 16

Goreshade the Bastard
Deathjack
Bane Lord Tartarus
Pistol Wraith
Pistol Wraith
Bane Knights (9)
Bile Thralls (7)

A fairly standard (from what I understand - remember, I'm still a bit of a noob) Goreshade soul-gate assassination list. As usual, I pulled this from a thread on the PP boards.

The general idea is to go crazy with the Deathjack until you can get some troops up to the enemy warcaster and then soulgate a focus laden monster right on top of the poor SOB. In the meantime, you remove troops with the Bile Thralls and limit the enemy warcaser's spells with mageblight. The Bane Knights are god for this since they ae ghostly (can move through terrain/models and ignore free-strikes). I hear this is especially cool against Khador.

Another reason I like this list, is the fact that it shares a lot of models with the Deneghra list as well as my proposed Skarre list (more on that later). Aside from a few bits and pieces of the Deathjack and Goreshade's base, all I have left to paint is the Bane Knights. They're next on deck.

Important note: Goreshade's feat allows him to summon Bane Thralls (not knights). These aren't included in the list. So, when I say the list is close to being painted, it doesn't include the feat unit. There is a more than likely chance that I wont get them done by the 26th. I don't feel too bad about that - they don't start on the table and they aren't a part of the list's point cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment