Monday, March 5, 2012

Vindicator #1 - Day 8

I'm past the biggest, most time consuming parts of the process at this point.  Everything else is just details.  So progress will still be steady, but less dramatic.

Day 8 saw a near completion of nearly all the remaining details.  Lame but true.

The color is a little washed out, but all the metallic bits are base coated and waiting for a couple of washes - Devlan Mud and then Badab Black.  This will create a nice weathered metal effect and solve the problem of dull coat over metallic paint.




I did manage to get a start on the wash layers.  The little extra bits are all ready for a quick coat of Tamiya clear before the oil washes and such.  The clear will do two things for me - protect the paint from wear and tear from handling and give the washes a nice smooth surface to flow around.

I left things a bit patchy in order to add some depth and interest to the overall effect.  Also I'm lazy.


Aaaaand that's it.  Painting all the little metal bits took a ton of time.

I also dabbled with highlight some of the chips.  It's subtle,  but adds to the overall affect quite nicely.

Til tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. She is looking good so far. Some great foundation work. I look at all the effort you are putting into this and realizing I don't spend nearly as much prep work on my miniatures as I originally thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah man, prep work is where it's at for me. So many people overlook the simple things - like just how important a good coat of primer is.

    Though to be fair, I very frequently stray into the "to much" work zone.

    ReplyDelete