Monday, March 26, 2012

Vindicator #3 - Day 14 + FINAL!

Day 14 opens up with the dull coat being dry to a point where I could handle the parts without mussing things up.  So it was on to the finishing touches before final assembly.

Some final chipping with some silver paint a dab of gloss varnish on the orange lenses.
Which I then did.

And here we are again at the finish line.  Another Vindicator is finished taking me 2/3 of the way into a goal I've had since back in '07.   Feels good, man.  Feels good.

No light box pics this time 'round as I wasn't feeling particularly motivated.
 So, lets see... some take away points from round two.

1) Doubling up on the tanks for the first 9 days went fantastically well.  I got one tank done only a day over the time line from the first attempt and I'm a mere 6 days away from completion of the third and final member of the trio.  If I expand this project, I will definitely be lumping future vehicles together.

2) The dozer blade assembly went a lot smoother this time around with the addition of better planning, a mixed super glue /model glue approach and just having the experience.  No surprises at the end this time.

3) I managed to do a very, very close job of matching the color scheme between the two vehicles.  Very happy with that as it's a fairly involved process to get it all laid down.  Overall, a little variation isn't a bad things so it's a win I think.

Group shot.  I'm chuffed to bits about this as the Brits would say. 

4 comments:

  1. Needz moar red. Red wunz go faster. WAAAAAAAAAAGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red ones might be faster but Green ones go better. ;)

    Looking really good there Lauby. You should be rightly proud of what you've done here with these. Top drawer stuff.

    ReplyDelete